Friday, June 3, 2011

1/365

This is my first day of Project 365.  I know it would be better if I had started at the first of the year or even on the first day of the month.  Well, unfortunately, I did not really find out about it until the second day of June and did not get this posted until it was already the third.  That is not going to stop me from posting again on the third.  The way I see it, if I haven't gone to sleep yet it is still today and tomorrow will be the third, even though it is technically the third now.  Perhaps I do need to sleep soon.  I was looking over a blog by Click It Up a Notch when I found out about this wonderful project.  So many photographers do it that I am amazed that I am just now finding out about it.  Honestly, I am new to the world of blogs, so that could be the biggest reason for it.  

I was at a local park scouting a good location for portraits today.  I would not have gotten a photo of this amazing tree though if it was not for my husband, F.  I have been to this park dozens of times and even done a photo session there already.  I have seen every inch of it.  Honestly, I did not have any intention of crossing the bridge to the field on the other side.  F made me.  I have seen this tree before.  I knew that it was there.  Yet if I had not taken the time to walk to it, I would not have found the exact thing that I was looking for on my trip today.  I think that this tree is perfect for the portraits I want to do next to it.  I learned something today.  If we can just take the time to see what is in front of us, we will find exactly what we are looking for.

And I don't know about you but I think it just screams for a tire swing!

1 comment: